For many of the public symposia, the Academic Directors (Andrews and Narayan) will write a brief take on the event. These ‘Director Reports’ are both summaries and reflections upon the subjects and debate brought up in the symposia. They are not meant to be taken as the last word but rather as provocations for further discussion and debate.
- ‘Are we going to be allowed to stay here?’ Migration, Discrimination, Resistance
- XYM the Yorkshire Rapper on the ‘N’ Word Debate
- ARE YOU CHARLIE? Racism, Religion, Freedom of Speech & Civil Liberties
- Do They Know Its Christmas in Birmingham? The Politics of Austerity
- Policing the plantation: Legalised killings of the ‘Bad Nigger’